Quick Links



Customer Support

Customer Service

Quick Info

Waste control

Residential & Commercial Disposal Services

Waste Disposal

Animal Carcasses

Not specific to Cowlitz County – Any County accepted. Highly recommend scheduling in advance so an employee can be available in the transfer station to cover the animal carcass quickly. If the animal is extra large, the customer must fill out a special waste application and should bring chain to tie off to stationary heavy equipment and then can pull the animal off the vehicle. Due to liability purposes, Waste Control staff ARE NOT allowed to remove any objects from customer vehicles.

Asbestos Disposal

Waste Control accepts asbestos generated from Cowlitz and Wahkiakum County residents by appointment only. ​ Please contact Waste Control at (360) 425-4302 for an appointment and for fee information.

For any demolition of a residence, Waste Control requires a Notice of Demolition and an asbestos inspection report. Both documents are required by the Southwest Clean Air Agency.

Residents delivering asbestos to Waste Control must follow specific asbestos disposal procedures and complete a special waste application and waste shipment record.

Please carefully follow the steps listed in the asbestos disposal procedures. ​ Contact the Southwest Clean Air Agency or Waste Control if you have any questions.

If you are a business customer, please contact Waste Control at (360) 425-4302 for information on our drop-box and hauling services for asbestos abatement projects.

For environmental safety and for regulatory reasons, Waste Control will not accept improperly packaged asbestos. Residents must bagged the asbestos-containing waste in 6-mil plastic bags that are labeled with an asbestos warning sign. Waste Control supplies these bags at a reasonable cost.

Demolition Waste

Contact Waste Control at (360) 425-4302​ for current pricing for demolition waste. Note that treated wood requires a special waste permit.

Self-Haul Waste

The Transfer Station is located at 1150 3rd Avenue in Longview and accepts waste generated within any county.


Waste Control accepts all putrescible and non-putrescible waste, including, but not limited to, residential, construction, demolition and land clearing (CDL) waste, non-hazardous industrial waste, inert waste, sewage treatment plant grit, leaves, and sharps.

Please call Waste Control at (360) 425-4302 if you have any questions about acceptable waste.


Waste Control does not accept material defined under federal or state laws as Hazardous or Dangerous Waste, except for exempted household hazardous waste and conditionally exempt small quantity generators. ​ Refer to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program or the Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator Program for more information.

The following wastes are not accepted at the facility:

  • Hazardous Waste
  • Dangerous Waste
  • Liquid Waste
  • Infectious Waste
  • Radioactive Waste
  • PCB-Contaminated Waste
  • Improperly Packaged Asbestos

If you have any questions about unacceptable waste, please contact Waste Control at (360) 425-4302.

Tire Disposal

Residential tires accepted, not commercial. Any county accepted, not restricted to Cowlitz County. We do not accept any tires that belong to a vehicle not allowed to legally drive on public roads.

​ Tire Disposal Pricing:




$1.25 EACH + DISPOSAL FEE ​ ​ ​ ​ $51.02/TON


$4.25 EACH + DISPOSAL FEE ​ ​ ​ ​ $51.02/TON

Residential Only

Household Hazardous Waste

Household hazardous waste cannot be recycled and poses a threat to the environment if not disposed of properly. ​ In partnership with Cowlitz County, we collect hazardous wastes from residential customers within Cowlitz and Wahkiakum Counties free of charge. ​ The waste is properly packaged in our collection facility and transported to licensed, disposal facilities through a contract-hauler. For more info, click here.

Commercial Only

Small Quantity Generator Collection

Small quantity generators are individuals or businesses that generate and/or accumulate dangerous waste in small amounts. ​ This means you generate and/or accumulate a small amount (NEVER generate more than 220 pounds per month and NEVER accumulate more than 2,200 pounds on site) of hazardous waste. Small quantity generators are exempt from most state regulations, but not all.

For more information, contact the Washington State Department of Ecology.

Waste Control accepts dangerous waste small quantity generators by appointment only.

Contact Waste Control at (360) 425-4302​ to schedule an appointment. ​ This is a fee-based service that depends on the volume and type of waste.


Disposal requirements and instructions

Fee schedule

Registration and inventory forms

Note that the registration and inventory forms need to be completed each visit.


We currently do not accept lamps for recycling through our Small Quantity Generator Collection Program, so we advise business customers to contact EcoLights for recycling options for fluorescent lamps, ballasts, and mercury-bearing devices. ​ EcoLights can be reached at (888) 214-2327​ or (206) 343-1247.

Wet Vactor Disposal

Waste Control accepts vactor waste and catch basin residue by appointment only and requires contractor’s to complete a waste acceptance application, which may include analytical testing.

Please contact Waste Control at (360) 425-4302​ to schedule an appointment and for fee information.

WasteConnect ™ Mobile App

Never Miss Your COLLECTION DAY Again!

With our new WasteConnect ™ Mobile App you can:

Sign-up for waste collection Reminders

Receive Service Alerts for collection delays

Search how to properly dispose of materials


Customer Service

Customer Service

Quick Info


Modal Header